HoneyCure: Veterinary Wound Care
Created by Enbiologics, HoneyCure is an all-natural, easy-to-apply, hydro-gel that encourages rapid healing in your animals with minimal discomfort and scarring. The main active ingredient of HoneyCure is Manuka honey, which is traditionally known as a medicine with known antimicrobial properties that quickly repairs wounds; it is the only honey out there that is approved by the FDA as medical grade. HoneyCure is a natural antimicrobial veterinary wound care product; therefore, it contains no harmful chemicals or additives that could potentially irritate your animal.
HoneyCure is suitable for the treatment of:
- Large Animals
- Small Companion Animals
Effective and Safe to treat:
- Small Cuts
- Mild to Moderate Burns
- Deep Wounds
- Infected wounds
- Chronic wounds
One of the major reasons we are using all natural ingredients is because bacteria can not build a resistance towards them. As of now, most of the currently available synthesized antibiotics are not as strong as they once were as a result of the rising of bacterial resistance to those particular antibiotics. HoneyCure is engineered naturally in order to:
- Kill and inhibits a broad spectrum of microbes (bacteria-viruses-fungi-etc...)
- Contain high levels of hydrogen peroxide for its antiseptic activity.
- Have high acidic and sugar levels to prevent microbial growth.
- Utilize Manuka Honey’s high concentrations of Methylglyoxal (MGO), giving unique antimicrobial properties not seen with other honeys.
- Blend essential oils that possess several antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.HoneyCure kills and inhibits a broad spectrum of microbes (bacteria-viruses-fungi-etc...) through several mechanisms.
- HoneyCure contains high levels of hydrogen peroxide, which contributes a great deal to the antiseptic activity.
- As well as being acidic and containing high sugar levels which prevents any further or new microbial growth.
- Additionally, HoneyCure contains Manuka Honey which contains high concentrations of Methylglyoxal (MGO), giving unique antimicrobial properties not seen with other honeys.
- HoneyCure’s antimicrobial properties are compounded with a strong formulation of essential oils to provide a product that can treat and prevent infections.
- HoneyCure has essential oils which possess several antimicrobial properties due to their chemical composition of Terpene Hydrocarbons.
- These essential oils work in a way to disrupt the cell membrane that surrounds bacteria. The disruption causes growth instabilities which inhibits the bacterial colonization of the wound bed.
Inflammation of the wound is a defensive mechanism deployed by the body. Sometimes a wound will not heal due to the wound being stuck in this phase. As a result, chronic wounds occur and they are extremely difficult to heal. In order to combat this, HoneyCure:
- Rapidly treats and clears wound infections, which are the reason for prolonged healing process or eventually chronic.
- Is rich in Flavonoids and Polyphenols; antioxidants that are effective in the reduction of inflammation.
- Has the activity of autolytic debridement, which helps get rid of dead tissue cells and other contaminants, in turn reducing inflammatory stimuli.
- Stimulates the body’s monocytes to secrete cytokines, which signals wound healing mechanisms.
- HoneyCure's honey content is also known to be hygroscopic; it can draw some moisture out of the environment to dehydrate bacteria.
- HoneyCure holds a high viscosity which works on providing a barrier at the wound site to prevent more infection.
- HoneyCure has the ability to reduce ‘Reactive Intermediates Release’ that works on limiting more tissue damage.
- HoneyCure's honey content is proven to be capable of stimulating Monocytes, which are the precursors of macrophages; the stimulation can result in the secretion of TNF-alpha. The resulted Cytokine features the ability to induce wound repair.
- Holds and keeps a high acidic environment, this creates an inhospitable site for the most common types of fungi that infect the skin tissue, thus it prevents the infection.
- Essential oils derive its anti-fungal activity by inhibiting cellular respiration. They also change the fungal cell membrane, making it more permeable and damaging key properties of it.
Other significant properties of HoneyCure
Not only is HoneyCure anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and shown to heal your animal’s wounds at a faster rate, HoneyCure is also:
- Non-toxic and non-irritative to animals once applied. Animals will not feel the urge to lick the gel off of the wound. This is a critical part of the healing process allowing for the maximum potential of the product to be achieved.
- Insect repellent, preventing insects from interfering with the wounded area and reducing the potential for infection.
How Does It Work?
Manuka honey is a powerful healing tool for three main reasons.
The first is a natural abundance of hydrogen peroxide and methylglyoxal (MG). While hydrogen peroxide is found in all kinds of honey, MG is an antibacterial compound found in higher concentration in Manuka honey, due to its abundance in the manuka flower. The high concentration of antibacterial compounds makes this gel effective in preventing infection.
Secondly, Honeycure utilizes a proprietary blend of essential oils. This tea tree-based blend acts as a soothing agent to lower animal pain and reduce irritation. These oils work specifically with Manuka honey to deliver an anti-inflammatory effect, providing a stable and pain-free environment for the wound to heal.
The third reason for this honey’s utility is its osmotic potential. Honey has a high concentration of sugars and other soluble material, so it naturally absorbs fluid from wounds. This helps the wound to drain and heal, while also keeping the area hydrated to minimize scarring. This method of wound care, called wet wound healing, is scientifically proven to increase skin healing time, while also minimizing scar tissue formation.